A. Operating System
C. Installed Base
D. Appliction Programming Interfaces (API's)
F. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's)
II. Players in the World of Microsoft
B. Intuit (Quicken)
H. America Online
III. Microsoft Anti-Trust - The
A. Microsoft's Consent Decree (Injunction)
B. Anti-trust law
1. Sherman Act
2. Why DOJ thinks Microsoft is violating laws
IV. The issues and arguments involved
in U.S. v. Microsoft
A. Are Internet Explorer Technologies an integrated element of Windows '98?
1. U.S.: No, they are separate products.
2. Microsoft: Yes, they are one product.
B. Does the inclusion of Internet Explorer Technolgies in Windows '98 benefit consumers and and softare vendors?
1. U.S.: No, it hurts them in the long run.
2. Microsoft: Yes, and exclusion hurts them.
C. Does Netscape have numerous available channels of distribution for its web browsing software and is it using them
1. U.S.: No, Microsoft is preventing it from doing so.
2. Microsoft: Yes, Netscape has been and continues to be very successful.