During the academic year, the program also conducts weekly hands-on workshops and tutorial
sessions. Utilizing a collaborative learning model, students are encouraged and
challenged to work together both on hands-on problem solving building projects and in
organized study sessions designed specifically to meet the needs of participants.
The focus of the program is not only academic excellence but also to promote
positive competition and peer pressure to succeed.
Students attend a series of on-site workshops designed to inform
students about the engineering profession. Typical workshops include:
- Tour of the facility.
- Panel presentation by professional engineers.
- One-on-one discussions between the engineers and the students.
Examples of companies and research facilities which Pre-Engineering students have
- Diebold Research in Canton
- Ohio Edison Company in Akron
- Timken Company in Canton
- LTV in Cleveland
- Telxon Corporation in Akron
- NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland
- Ohio Aerospace Institute in Book Park
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company in Akron
- Luk Manufacturing Company in Wooster
Back to top of page.