Status List for Web Curriculum Proposal System
A user of the on line Curriculum Proposal System may request a list of
proposals by proposal number, college, or effective date. The data listed
for each proposal includes a status. The status refers to where the proposal
is in the curriculum review process at The University of Akron. The following
is a list of possible statuses that a proposal may achieve and a definition
of each status. Note that certain status changes may be made only by authorized
- Under development : This is the status given to a proposal when it is initiated on the Web. If this status is listed the proposal has not been completed by the author and is not available for review. The phrase "not available for review" indicates that the proposal is not ready for the formal review process. It does not mean the proposal cannot be seen.
- Available for College review : This is the status the author may give the proposal when it is completed. This status signifies that the proposal is available for review within the college subject to appropriate collegiate procedures.
- College status: approved : Shows the status of the proposal within the collegiate curriculum review process.
- College status: not approved : Shows status of proposal within collegiate curriculum review process.
- Approved for University review : This status is attained when the proposal is approved by the college, the library. and the graduate school and when it has been submitted by an authorized personnel within the college. When the proposal has this status a deadline for objections will be listed. This date is two weeks after the date the proposal was submitted by the college on the Web. During this two week period the proposal is open for university wide review. If any faculty wished to make an objection or to comment on the proposal, the faculty member may click on a button. The objection can be entered into an objection box and will be E-mailed to the Provost's Office and the initiating college.
- Mature, no objections filed : The deadline for objections for the proposal has passed and no objections have been received. In accordance with the curriculum review procedures, this proposal could be approved by the Provost without going to the CRC.
- Mature, objections filed : The deadline for objections has passed and unresolved objections remain on file. In accordance with the curriculum review procedures, this proposal must be reviewed by the CRC.
- Approved by CRC with 2 or less negative votes : The CRC has deliberated on the proposal and passed it with 2 or less negative votes. If approved by the Provost, the proposal will become record unless Faculty Senate specifically acts otherwise at its next meeting.
- Approved by CRC with 3 or more negative votes : The CRC has deliberated on the proposal with a majority voting in favor of the proposal, but with 3 or more negative votes recorded. The proposal will be put on the agenda of the next Faculty Senate meeting.
- Disapproved by CRC : The proposal did not receive a majority of votes of the CRC. The proposal will not be brought before Faculty Senate for action.
- Approved by Faculty Senate : The proposal has been adopted by Faculty Senate, either through no action taken on a proposal on which action was not necessary or by a majority positive vote on a proposal on its agenda.
- Disapproved by Faculty Senate : The proposal was not approved by Faculty Senate.
- Approved by Provost : The proposal hasbeen approved by the Provost and will become record.
- Disapproved by Provost : The proposal has not been approved by the Provost. The Provost will communicate the reason to the initiating college.
- Submitted to Board of Trustees : This status is applicable only for those proposals which must be submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval (new programs). The proposal is awaiting action by the Board of Trustees.
- Disapproved by Board of Trustees : The proposal has been disapproved by the Board of Trustees.
- Submitted to Ohio Board of Regents : This status is applicable only for those proposals which must be submitted to the Ohio Board of Regents after being approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Disapproved by Ohio Board of Regents : The proposal has been disapproved by the Ohio Board of Regents.
- Final Approval Granted : Approval has been given to the proposal by all required parties. The proposal is now record and will be implemented on its effective date.
- Proposal Withdrawn : The proposal has been withdrawn by the initiating college.
- No additional resources : Implementation will require no addition al resources
- Some additional resources : Implementation will require some additi onal resources
- Withdrawn: resource constraints : Proposal withdrawn by Dean because addi tional resources not available